Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are currently seeking an Activities Assistant for our Highland Glen community in Highland, Utah!
The primary purpose of the Activities Assistant is to aid in the execution of the programs and activities that are planned for the residents. The Activities Assistant must possess outstanding customer service skills and display genuine care and concern for our residents while demonstrating the principles and core values that MBK embraces.
Essential Job Duties (Include % of time for each responsibility):
- Attend and assist in planned activities and special events, decorating for major holidays 50%
- Assist with surveying residents and making observations and recommendations to determine what activities are of interest 20%
- Encourage residents to participate in activities 100%
- Possess the ability, licensure and willingness to drive the community vehicle 10%
- Ability to make flyers, calendars, newsletters and updating social media websites 50%
- Aid in Marketing Events 10%
- Display a positive and professional image through actions, and dress in accordance with the MBK principles and core values to include no heels or open toed shoes 100%
- Display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, families, and guests 100%
- Perform other duties as consistent with the position and as assigned by the Front Desk Supervisor and/or the Executive Director or designee of the Executive Director 10%
- Work with Volunteers such as scheduling, training and organizing day to day assignments 20%
Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills, licenses, certifications):
- High School Diploma or GED required
- AA degree preferred or a minimum of two years of work experience in the industry
- Background clearances as required by government regulations
- Must meet health requirements, including TB
- Basic math skills (addition, subtractions, and multiplication) required
- Must be able to read and speak English
- Clerical knowledge such as making flyers, calendars, newsletters and updating social media websites
- Reasoning skills that include the ability to understand issues, process information for the purpose of giving and receiving feedback
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to speak, write and read English
- Ability to operate basic office equipment including personal computer, scanner, copier, fax machine and proficient with email and Microsoft Office
- Compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding residentsu2019 rights
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action and to remain calm during emergency situations
- Ability to deal tactfully and professionally at all times with personnel, residents, family members, visitors and the general public
Physical Demands (Include lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, walking, standing, sitting):
- Must be mobile and able to move intermittently throughout the work day, and throughout the community
- Must have a pleasant speaking voice and command of the English language
- Requires repetitive hand motion
- Moderate to physical effort to lift/carry up to 25 lbs. may be necessary
- Able to assist in the moving of residents in emergency situations
- Lifting 25 pounds, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, walking, standing and sitting
MBK Senior Living is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living community in 2004. We currently have thirty-three communities in six states.
As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of professionals who have the passion and dedication of building meaningful relationships with our residents and their families now and for years to come.
We offer a rich benefit package including; competitive salaries, 401k retirement plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time off.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we want to hear from you!
All associates prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an "Excluded Party" as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, including but not limited to Resident Rights, HIPAA, State licensing regulat