Director of Sales
Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are currently seeking a Director of Sales for our McDowell Village community in Scottsdale, AZ.
We look for a Director of Sales who is passionate about seniors and the company they represent. As we strive to be THE Senior Living provider of choice in our market place, this candidate would help support the outreach and referral development efforts for this community. Creating an impactful first and lasting impression which conveys our pursuit, purpose, and principles as well as our commitment to living them, both within our communities and the community at large, is paramount. Secondarily, this role requires the flexibility to support the Executive Director in helping obtain their revenue and occupancy goals, which means being available for their day to day sales efforts; database management/follow up and community presentations as required.
Essential Job Duties (Include % of time for each responsibility):
- Responsible for all community rentals sales and maintaining budgeted occupancy by generating the number of qualified inquiries, referrals, tours and closing rates required (50%)
- Facilitate the entire move-in process, from generating leads to conducting/coordinating tours, through qualifying and final move in
- Develop a pre-call plan for presentations and lead with a strategy to advance the lead to sale.
- Maintain computer database with all the leads critical information including tracking each customer interaction and assigning a status code.
- Train community leadership team to conduct effective presentations with leads and professionals
- Work in collaboration with the ED to ensure that all community associates understand sales and marketing is everyoneu2019s responsibility. Conducts training where necessary and needed to deploy and maintain this philosophy.
- Work with Leadership Team to implement and maintain E3:
- By being the main facilitator of this critical component of our customer service and sales leadership standards within the community
- Conduct daily property walk through to ensure the community is ready for guests to include;
- Ensuring that the grounds, common areas and models are in top tour condition and up to MBK standards;
- Work with Leadership team when changes are necessary, so standards are met
- Identify, establish and maintain positive relationships with industry influencers and key community and strategic partners to assure on-going referrals and continued opportunities to promote the community and attract residents:
- Build and maintain relationships with professional referrals
- Determine key referral sources within market area and establish a plan and strategy to advance the relationship to generate referrals
- Pre-call plan personal visits and calls with a strategy to advance the relationship to referral status
- Plan and conduct internal events to showcase our communities
- Attend local market area events
- Maintain referral database with all contact information including all customer interactions, notes, status and relationship updates; Identify professionals and/or organizations status in the database based on volume potential of leads
- Create, update and manage quarterly Sales and Marketing Plan in collaboration with the Executive Director - to generate new leads, advance current leads, build relationships with referral sources and close sales
- Develop annual operating budgets and execute the Annual Marketing Plan including:
- Both short and long range goals which support sales and revenue objectives of the community
- Purchase advertising and promotional materials, including community collateral
- Complete monthly spend downs to ensure budget compliance
- Collect and evaluate current market research to understand trends and competition, and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing conditions
- Maintain current knowledge of the local market trends and competitors to assist in developing and executing effective sales and marketing plans
- Understand MBK strength and weaknesses, opportunities and threats so marketing plan is updated for effective implementation
- Provide Reception staff members with relevant information regarding community rentals, referrals, new prospects
- Train Receptionist team on initial greeting, phone answering and transferring etiquette and MBK standards, on creating positive first impressions and a professional experience
- Maintain updated prospect lead base with contact information, tour notes, and notes on status/relationships:
- Stay current on all prospect follow up
- Determine strategy and pre-call plan each customer interaction for effective advancement of lead
- Use the database for mailing lists and information
- Analyze leads for creating marketing plan (i.e. source codes, zip codes, etc.)
- Deliver paperwork to BOM timely and per MBK policy and procedure for all admissions, deposits and waitlists, etc:
- Forward all required documentation, paperwork, files, reports, move-in paperwork (prior to move-in) to: Director of Health Services, Director of Connections For Living (if applicable) and the Executive Director
- Oversees and manages the move in process u2013 including reviewing and collecting all move-in paperwork from the families and/or the seniors themselves (Note: rental contracts are to be reviewed with families and signed by the Executive Director)
- Ensure all details from the apartment readiness are complete for the resident to comfortably move into their apartment
- Completes move in packet with all appropriate copies ensuring all State and MBK required forms are completed and signed prior to turning over to the Business Office Manager.
- Attend, coordinate, and sponsor community networking functions (both within and outside the community) to continually promote the positive and professional image of our community, while accurately representing our services and pricing structure
- Determine and plan appropriate activities to achieve sales and implement marketing plan
- Interview, hire, train, manage/supervise, evaluate, discipline and resolve problems and/or complaints with Sales Assistant (if applicable), in accordance with community policies, procedures and applicable laws/regulations
- Meetings and Planning Activities
- Attends daily stand up, weekly management and leadership meeting, monthly all associate meeting
- Presents sales and marketing initiatives at community meetings
- Pricing and Revenue Generation to achieve and exceed community budget
- Works with Executive Director to value price the community apartments to maximize revenue and sales
- Determines other opportunities for increased revenue, i.e. increased Community Fees in specific apartments and neighborhoods, increased rates for services and/or increased apartment rents based on competitor information.
- Select units to model to sell open inventory
- Maintains community models in compliance with MBK standards and policies
- Develops marketing strategy to sell open units, i.e., pricing promotions, marketing opportunities and referral sources to target for appropriate leads
- Determine appropriate concessions to offer (within community guidelines) to close sale and move residents into the community.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Perform other job duties or special projects as assigned/requested by the Executive Director or a designee of the Executive Director
- Understand and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations and all community policies and procedures affecting the department, health conditions and move in procedures
- Display tact, professionalism and friendliness when dealing with residents, associates, and visitors
- Display empathy, concern and professionalism while interacting with all leads and their families.
- Collaborates and leads with a spirit of teamwork and presents a consistent professional and positive image.
- All promotional materials and communication (written & verbal) developed in accordance with the MBK principles, core values and with a professional image.
- Is available to attend and promote all community functions and events
- Assist with coordination, set up and tear down of special events
- Manage department with financial responsibility
Supervisory/Management Responsibilities (Job Title(s) & # of Employees):
- Sales Assistant = 0 to 1 employee
Minimum Job Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills, licenses, certifications):
- College Degree required
- Sales and Marketing experience is required, with a successful track record
- Background clearances (as required by government regulations) are mandatory
- Must complete a health screening and provide negative TB test results (must be within the last 6 months or within 7 days of employment)
- Must hold a valid state issued driveru2019s license and valid insurance
- Must have solid pc skills and be familiar with several Microsoft Office Suite software programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Email, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- including the ability to speak, write and read English
- must also be comfortable with speaking in public settings and presenting to small groups
- Must be able to perform basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) for personnel actions, tracking/reporting of referrals and budget/financial responsibilities
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action and to remain calm during stressful or emergency situations
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Goal achievement oriented
- Ability and willingness to work independently without day to day oversight and supervision.
- Must have the ability to deal tactfully and professionally at all times with personnel, residents, family members, visitors and the general public
- Must present a positive and professional image
Preferred Job Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills, licenses, certifications):
- Bacheloru2019s degree coursework in communications, public relations, marketing or a related field is highly desirable
- Some prior Supervisory or Leadership experience is preferred
- Successful track record in sales/marketing experience
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and flexible hours, available for our customers at peak service times and days.
- Competent in organizational, time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Planning and negotiating skills
Physical Demands (Include lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, walking, standing, sitting):
- Must be mobile and able to move intermittently throughout the work day, and throughout the community
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time, walking, with occasional squatting and reaching overhead.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 40 pounds
- Able to operate a motor vehicle and drive themselves and another community associate to a community or outside event
- Able to assist in the moving of residents when necessary or in emergency situations
MBK Senior Living is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living community in 2004. We currently have thirty-three communities in six states.
As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of professionals who have the passion and dedication of building meaningful relationships with our residents and their families now and for years to come.
We offer a rich benefit package including; competitive salaries, 401k retirement plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time off.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we want to hear from you!
All associates prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an "Excluded Party" as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, incl