Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant for our Home Office in Irvine, CA.
The Staff Accountant reports to the Assistant Controller and will perform traditional accounting responsibilities and financial reporting functions ranging from expense accruals, payables processing, cash management, balance sheet account reconciliations and recurring month-end close processes to year end work papers and annual audit compliance support.
- General Accounting: Assist in the general ledger month-end close and presentation of the balance sheet and income statement results and analysis. Accountable for all that goes into our monthly financial statements. Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data. Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files, reconciling vital accounts.
- Cash Management: Review positive pay exceptions, book daily ZBA journal entries, prepare incoming and outgoing wire transfer journal entries, administer banking users and entitlements, prepare opening/closing accounts & service charges paperwork, and other cash management duties as needed.
- Payroll: Prepare the general ledger payroll and benefit journal entries, and perform account reconciliations of payroll and benefit activities. Activities will include booking payroll, accruing payroll, adjusting accrued vacation liabilities, and other related responsibilities.
- Account Reconciliation: Analyze and reconcile numerous accounts; balance sheet accounts must be reconciled and supported on a monthly basis, bank account reconciliations included. Accounting for property taxes, annual insurance policies, capital expenditures vs. operating expenses, loan balances/impounds reconciled with payments/accruals, etcu2026
- Internal Control: Provide support for the implementation, documentation, and monitoring of internal controls.
- General Duties: Perform other related duties and departmental coverage as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experienced and skilled in account reconciliations
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing goals through collaboration and teamwork
- Microsoft Excel experience a must
- Ability to apply strong problem solving techniques
- Detail oriented and organized in work
- Proactive and independent
- Flexible and enthusiastic