Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Assistant for our Palisades at Broadmoor Park location.
The Maintenance Assistant is responsible for the care and upkeep of the interior and exterior of the community grounds following the guidelines, policies, and procedures of the community and as directed by the Director of Environmental Services, and/or other designee of the Executive Director.
Essential Job Duties (Include % of time for each responsibility):
- Maintain, clean, and repair all equipment and property as necessary, or as directed by work orders, and/or supervisor(s) to include but not limited to: floors( sweeping, dusting, mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc.), bathrooms (toilets, sinks, mirrors, replacing towels, toilet paper, seat cover, etc.) walls/ceilings (washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.) stairways, hallways, and elevators, removing dirt, dust, grease, film, etc. from surfaces using proper cleaning and disinfecting solutions 50%
- Keep work areas safe by posting proper signs and free of hazardous objects such as protruding tools, chemicals, etc. - putting all equipment away as soon as the job that requires it is finished.
- Use all appropriate safety and protective equipment and supplies when performing job duties, reporting any health, safety and/or sanitation concerns to a supervisor
- Monitor the overall security of the community, including any/all entry and exit doors
- Ensure that all maintenance and storage areas (equipment room, paint room, etc.) are clean, safe and organized with all chemicals, tools, paints, etc. properly sealed, labeled and stored
- Follow all established techniques, procedures and policies for properly storing, using and mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning, and for the proper disposal of waste
- Follow all established PPE (personal protective equipment) policies when handling chemicals and/or cleaning; including wearing gloves, masks, aprons, etc.
- Follow established policies governing the use of labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Address daily work orders; such as replacing light bulbs, repairing resident furniture, bathroom repair, kitchen repair, air conditioning and heater filter maintenance, and all other general maintenance tasks requested or assigned to maintain the communities buildings, equipment and furnishings 50%
- Keep all common areas, bathrooms, administration offices and apartments clean, attractive and functioning
- Must be able to troubleshoot, identifying problems and obtaining materials to fully repair minor plumbing problems and all electrical difficulties including, but not limited to: wall switches, interior/exterior lighting, cover plates, receptacles, loose wiring, resident call systems, control devices, laundry and kitchen equipment
- Plan, order, and perform all interior/exterior painting and landscaping duties to ensure grounds are well kept, clean and attractive
- Maintain and repair pools/spas and equipment to ensure full operations and compliance with all governing regulations
- Responsible for apartment preparation of vacant rooms including but not limited to, replacing window treatments, painting/caulking, shampoo carpets and other electrical, plumbing and carpentry as needed
- Perform other duties as consistent with the position and as assigned by the Director of Environmental Services and/or Executive Director
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- May need to assist in the moving of residents during emergency situations
- Assist all maintenance associates in the their job duties and assume maintenance activities when needed
- Display tact, friendliness, and professionalism when dealing with residents, associates, and guests
- Promote and lead with a spirit of teamwork and open communication in accordance with the MBK principles and core values
- Assist in the marketing of the community by always displaying a positive and professional image through words, actions, and appearance.
- Other duties as assigned or directed by the Executive Director or designee of the Executive Director
- Deep commitment to customer service when dealing with residents, associates, and guests (act with a sense of ownership of the community facilities).
- Always display a positive and professional image through behaviors, communications and dress and in accordance with the MBK principles and core values
- Encourage teamwork through open communication with co-workers and other departments
Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills, licenses, and certifications):
- Age 18 or over, or have the proper work permit and work authorization documentation
- High school diploma or equivalent (if over 18)
- Background clearances as required by government regulations
- Complete a health screening and provide negative TB test results (must be within the last 6 months or within 7 days of employment)
- Valid class of driver's license required by state for vehicle/van(s) capacity and valid insurance
- Prior mechanical and troubleshooting and ability to repair experience preferred but on the job training is available for candidates with the right attitude and desire
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to safely operate a variety of tools and equipment consistent with the position
- Ability to interact effectively with people of different ages and backgrounds
Physical Demands (Include lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, walking, standing, and sitting):
- Must be mobile and able to execute the physical demands of the position
- Must be able to lift and push up to 75 pounds with assistance; duties require frequent carrying, pushing and pulling, climbing, bending, climbing, walking, standing, and sitting; frequent walking, carrying, pushing/pulling, climbing, bending, kneeling, stooping, etc.
MBK Senior Living is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living community in 2004. We currently have thirty-three communities in six states.
As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of professionals who have the passion and dedication of building meaningful relationships with our residents and their families now and for years to come.
We offer a rich benefit package including; competitive salaries, 401k retirement plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time off.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we want to hear from you!
All associates prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an "Excluded Party" as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, including but not limited to Resident Rights, HIPAA, State licensing regulations, and those laws relating you an associates' professional license.
Palisades at Broadmoor Park
Colorado Springs CO