Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are currently seeking a Director of Resident Enrichment for our Island House community in Mercer Island, WA.
The responsibilities of the Director of Resident Enrichment is to plan, prepare, and direct the overall operation of the resident and family activities along with overseeing the activity department in accordance with current federal, state, and local guidelines, standards, and regulations, along with MBK's established policies and procedures. This position is also responsible for ensuring the program of activities are designed to meet the interest, and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident.
Essential Job Duties (Include % of time for each responsibility):
- Create an environment in the community that promotes residents and families' participation in the provided activities (40%) including:
- create and submit a monthly calendar of events for review and printing
- create and submit a monthly newsletter for residents, staff, and families
- create and maintain social media under the umbrella of MBK's Home Office
- coordinate with other associates the planning, execution, and attending special functions, such as holidays and celebratory events
- conduct survey of residents to determine what activities are of interest to them
- Overseeing transportation of residents(40%) including:
- assist with the safe loading, unloading, seating, and transporting of residents onto and off community vehicles and drive residents as needed
- oversee scheduling of transportation for recreational and medical outings
- evaluate transportation program on a regular basis to ensure customer satisfaction
- Understand and fulfill all State, Federal and local regulations for maintaining safe vehicles, securing all required credentials/licensing for vehicle(s) a driver(s)
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate, and supervise department staff in accordance with all company policies, procedures, and core values (10%):
- develop and train volunteers who are in the community to assist with activities or special events
- Manage and track budget spending and goals (10%)
- Encourage and invite resident participation in all resident activities
- Aid in the community marketing efforts through positive interactions with residents, families, and guests
- Alert care staff when there is a medical or care need of a resident that needs to be addressed
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned/directed by the Executive Director
- Instruct visitors to sign in when entering our community
- Obtain and maintain all state required certifications and licensure
Supervisory/Management Responsibilities (Job Title(s) & # of Employees):
- Activities Assistant =1 to 3 employees
- Transportation (Drivers)+ 1 to 3 employees
Minimum Job Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills, licenses, certifications):
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be over the age 18
- Background clearance is required (per government regulations)
- Negative TB test results is mandatory
- Excellent communication skills is required
- including the ability to speak, write and read English
- Must have solid pc skills and be familiar with several Microsoft Office Suite software programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Email, etc.), and other office equipment (e.g. scanners, copiers, and fax machines)
- Must maintain a professional demeanor at all times, especially while interfacing with other associates, residents, family members, and visitors
- Must present a positive image, by follow all grooming and dress standards
- Must hold a valid driver's license (required by the state and/or vehicle capacity) and valid insurance
Preferred Job Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills, licenses, certifications):
- Associate's degree
- Prior related work experience, in a similar environment is highly desirable
- Prior supervisory or lead working experience is preferable
- Working familiarity with several special Microsoft Office Suite software programs (e.g. Publisher and Photoshop) is highly desirable
- Bachelor's Degree is preferable
- Compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding residents' rights
Physical Demands (Include lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, walking, standing, sitting):
- Ability to lift 25+pounds
- Ability to push a resident safely in their wheelchairs
- Walking up to 5 miles per shift
- Ability to exert 10- 25lbs of force occasionally and/or frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Able to assist in the moving of residents in emergency situations
MBK Senior Living is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living community in 2004. We currently have thirty-three communities in six states.
As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of professionals who have the passion and dedication of building meaningful relationships with our residents and their families now and for years to come.
We offer a rich benefit package including; competitive salaries, 401k retirement plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time off.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we want to hear from you!
All associates prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an "Excluded Party" as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, including but not limi