Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are currently seeking a Driver for our
The Driver must inspect and safely operate community vehicles/van(s) ensuring the safe loading/unloading and timely delivery of residents to their outings/appointments in compliance with all traffic laws, safety guidelines, current federal, state, and local standards and regulations, as well as our established policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties (Include % of time for each responsibility):
- Schedule and safely transport residents, obeying all traffic laws, to doctor appointments, local outings/excursions and other planned trips as directed by the Director of Activities (30%)
- Assist with the safe loading and seating of residents onto and off of the community vehicles(s) making certain that all residents are properly secured before driving. (5%)
- Conduct daily inspection and safety checks on vehicle(s) before the first use and following the final use of the day. Schedule regular maintenance of all community vehicles as necessary (15%)
- Ensure that the community vehicle/van(s) are in proper operational order, registration and insurance information is present and up-to-date and promptly report any/all safety, mechanical or maintenance issues to supervisor (5%)
- Maintain communication with the property through use of cell phone or other means to always keep in contact on resident location and status as necessary (5%)
- Assist with scheduling outings and/or medical appointments as needed, planned property activities and programs within the community between vehicle trips and perform other duties as assigned by supervisors or the Executive Director (30%)
- Perform day-to-day clerical work associated with the position including tracking trips/residents, logging maintenance checks, et. (5%)
- Understand and fulfill all State, Federal and local regulations for maintaining safe vehicles, securing all required credentials/licensing for vehicle(s) a driver(s) (5%)
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Promote a spirit of teamwork and open communication in accordance with MBK principles and core values
- Demonstrate a positive and professional image at all times through dress and behaviors; display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, associates, and guests
- Other duties as assigned or directed by supervisor(s) and/or the Executive Director and/or designee of the Executive Director
Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills, licenses, certifications):
- High school diploma GED
- Age over 18 years or have proper work permit and authorization documentation
- Fingerprint clearances as required by government regulations and negative TB test
- Valid class of driver's license required by state for vehicle/van(s) capacity and valid insurance
- Good communication skills including the ability to speak, write and read English
- Ability to perform basic clerical work as required by the position
- Must display genuine concern for the physical and emotional needs of older people and their families
- Ability to deal tactfully and professionally at all times with personnel, residents, family members, guests and the general public
Physical Demands (Include lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, walking, standing, sitting):
- Be mobile and able to perform physical requirements of the job
- Will require the ability to physically assist residents during activities
- Assist in loading and unloading residents into community vehicle/van(s)
MBK Senior Living is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living community in 2004. We currently have thirty-three communities in six states.
As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of professionals who have the passion and dedication of building meaningful relationships with our residents and their families now and for years to come.
We offer a rich benefit package including; competitive salaries, 401k retirement plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time off.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we want to hear from you!
All associates prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an "Excluded Party" as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, including but not limited to Resident Rights, HIPAA, State licensing regulations, and those laws relating you an associates' professional license.