Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are currently seeking a Housekeeper for our Northgate Plaza community.
The Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning all of the resident apartments, public areas and work areas within guidelines, policies and procedures of the community. May be directed by the Executive Director, Director of Environmental Services, Director of Housekeeping or other designee of the Executive Director. Must demonstrate superior customer service and maintain the high standard of cleanliness that has been established for the community.
Essential Job Duties (Include % of time for each responsibility):
- Clean all resident apartments, common areas and offices of the property to assure the building is clean at all times (includes, but is not limited to: furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, bathroom fixtures - bathtubs, toilets, showers, sinks, windows/mirrors, blinds, shutters, etc., in resident apartments; public bathroom areas, entrance/exit ways, recreational areas; floors to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc.; carpets to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting; walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.; remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc. from surfaces using proper cleaning and disinfecting solutions; hallways, stairways, and elevators; and discard waste/trash into proper containers and replace trash receptacle liners, etc.). 100%
- Ensure that all appropriate caution/safety signs are properly set up and posted prior to performing duties that could cause slips/falls or any other safety risks, and taken down when job is completed and risk has been removed 100%
- Report any health, safety and /or sanitation concerns to the supervisor; including reporting any apartment repairs or conditions that need attention by other departments 20%
- Follow the work/cleaning schedules as closely as practical 100%
- Monitor and remove all trash and waste from inside areas of community to designated trash cans/areas with continued monitoring throughout shift 20%
- Keep work areas attractive and free of hazardous objects such as protruding mop/broom handles, and unnecessary equipment - putting all equipment away as soon as the job that requires it is finished 20%
- Use all appropriate safety and protective equipment and supplies when handling hazardous waste and/or chemicals
- Follow all established PPE (personal protective equipment) policies when handling chemicals and/or cleaning; including wearing gloves, masks, aprons, etc. 100%
- Follow all established techniques, procedures and policies for properly storing, using and mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning, and for the proper disposal of waste 100%
- Lock and control all housekeeping supplies and carts making sure that chemicals and/or hazardous materials are not left unattended, or accessible to residents or visitors 20%
- Follow established policies governing the use of labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) 100%
- Assist in the marketing of the community by always displaying a positive and professional image through actions and dress and according to the MBK principles and core values 100%
- Encourage teamwork through open communication with co-workers and other departments 100%
- Display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, families, and guests 100%
- Perform other duties as consistent with the position and as assigned by the Director of Environmental Services , Director of Housekeeping, and/or Executive Director 20%
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- May need to assist in the moving of residents during emergency situations
- Dust, fluff, and straighten all furniture in public areas to ensure cleanliness and safety
Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills, licenses, and certifications):
- Age 18 or over, or have the proper work permit and work authorization documentation
- High school diploma or GED
- Background clearances as required by government regulations
- Complete a health screening and provide negative TB test results (must be within the last 6 months or within 7 days of employment)
- Prior housekeeping experience preferred but on the job training is available for candidates with the right attitude and desire
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to interact effectively with people of different ages and backgrounds
Physical Demands (Include lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, walking, standing, and sitting):
- Ability to use standard cleaning equipment consistent with the position
- Must be mobile and able to execute the physical demands of the housekeeping position; including but not limited to standing for long periods of time, bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, etc.
- Must be able to lift cleaning equipment and products of 40+ pounds. Requires frequent carrying, pushing and pulling of cleaning supplies and carts.
MBK Senior Living is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living community in 2004. We currently have thirty-three communities in six states.
As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of professionals who have the passion and dedication of building meaningful relationships with our residents and their families now and for years to come.
We offer a rich benefit package including; competitive salaries, 401k retirement plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time off.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we want to hear from you!
All associates prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an "Excluded Party" as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, including but not limited to Resident Rights, HIPAA, State licensing regulations, and those laws relating you an associates' professional license.