Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Executive Director for our Bellettini community in Bellevue, WA.
The primary purpose of the Assistant Executive Director is to assist in directing the day-to-day functions of the Community under the supervision of the Executive Director while demonstrating the Principles and Core Values that MBK embraces. The Assistant Executive Director is a hands on training position that prepares this associate to assume full responsible for the overall management and direction of the day-to-day operations of the Community in accordance with all Federal, State, local and Licensing Regulations, and all Company Policies and Procedures.
Essential Job Duties (Include % of time for each responsibility):
- Assist the Executive Director in planning, developing, organizing, implementing and directing the day-to-day functions of the community (100%)
- Assume administrative authority, responsibility and accountability for directing the management and control of the property under the direction of the Executive Director. (100%)
- Assist department leaders in the development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures and establish rapport in and among departments to demonstrate and encourage the importance of teamwork (100%)
- Assure that residents are appropriate to levels of care for property licensure and receive proper services with regard to their physical & emotional needs (75%)
- Ensure residents are able to attend activities and community programs/events as desired arranging for transportation as necessary (20%)
- Promote and market the property assisting with the implementation of referral and other programs to reach and exceed occupancy goals (100%)
- Assist with the contract signing with new residents or resident transfers (10% if you are 100% full)
- Prepare and submit monthly reports (ex. Move-out information) and billing information, invoices, etc. for submission to Corporate (10%)
- Maintain all required education units with complete understanding and knowledge of all Federal, State and Local government regulations and industry trends (100%)
- Prepare rent increase letters, leases and other communication as directed for residents (5%)
- Assist in the physical property maintenance making modifications and/or recommendations to ensure a safe and secure environment for all associates, residents, guests and visitors in compliance with OSHA requirements, established safety policies, practices and plans (100%)
- Closely managing all workers' compensation injuries, investigations, or safety complaints under the direction of the Executive Director (20%)
- Represent the community with a positive and professional image through dress and behaviors interacting with outside agencies (including government agencies), community representatives, family members, participating in surveys and responding to inquiries or developing plan of corrections as necessary under the direction of the Executive Director (100%)
- Perform other duties as necessary and as assigned by Executive Director or corporate offices (5%)
- Assist with recruitment and hiring efforts supervising staff under the direction of the Executive Director (5%)
- Make recommendations to the Executive Director on associate performance, pay rates/increases, disciplines and terminations ensuring they are fair, consistent and in compliance with company policies and all state and federal laws (20%)
- Collaborate and consult with department directors to assist in correcting problem areas and improving service to residents (70%)
- Support and cover department head duties during department head absences through delegation or personal completion working in conjunction with a designated Manager on Duty for those times the Executive Director is not on the property (20%)
- Promote and lead with a spirit of teamwork and cooperation (100%)
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- May need to assist in moving residents in emergency situations.
Requirements (Include: Education, Experience, Special Skills, Licenses, and Certifications):
- Must be age 21, or over
- 4 year degree from an accredited college preferred
- (CA requires 2 years of continuous college education)
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in senior living operations
- RCFE certification, preferred.
- Background clearances as required by government regulations
- Complete a health screening and provide negative TB test results (must be within the last 6 months or within 7 days of employment)
- Some supervisory experience preferred
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction) as required by the position
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to speak, write and read English
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action and to remain calm during stressful or emergency situations
- Must possess the ability and desire to minimize waste and misuse of supplies/equipment
- Ability to deal tactfully and professionally at all times with personnel, residents, family members, visitors and the general public
Physical Demands (Include: Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling, Bending, Walking, Standing, Sitting):
- Must be mobile and able to perform the physical requirements of the job, bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing, pulling and repetitive motion
- Able to move intermittently throughout the work day and throughout the community
- Ability to lift/carry up to 25 lbs. and up to 10lbs frequently and push and pull carts as necessary
MBK Senior Living is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living community in 2004. We currently have thirty-three communities in six states.
As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of professionals who have the passion and dedication of building meaningful relationships with our residents and their families now and for years to come.
We offer a rich benefit package including; competitive salaries, 401k retirement plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time off.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we want to hear from you!
All associates prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an "Excluded Party" as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, including but not limited to Resident R