Senior Vice President of Operations
Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are seeking a Senior Vice President of Operations to join our Home Office team in Irvine, CA. This person needs to reside in Orange County, CA.
The Senior VP of Operations is responsible for directing and overseeing all operations for MSL Senior Living communities. The Senior VP of Operationss works closely with Executive Directors to ensure MSL properties offer high quality services, exceed customer expectations, meet all regulatory requirements, and achieve budgeted NOI targets. They will also be responsible for communicating and reinforcing our statement of pursuit, purpose and principles/core values and other duties and tasks as needed.
- Assists in the recruiting and hiring of Regional Directors of Operations & Executive Directors and approves all hiring/offers of any directors or coordinators
- Supervises and mentors direct corporate reports and Executive Directors
- Completes performance reviews of all direct corporate reports and Executive Directors
- Supports and facilitates development of supervisory skills with individuals, teams, and groups of directors / coordinators
- Directly manages National Director of Dining Services, National Director of Resident Enrichment, National Health Services Director, , Regional Directors of Operations (RDO),Executive Directors (as needed) and Executive Assistant to the VP of Operations.
- Financial Stewardship
- Meets with RDO's & Executive Director's to review monthly P&L's
- Prepares and monitors all property budgets
- Meets with corporate team members monthly to review the P&L's / variance reports and prepares plans with Executive Directors to address negative variances to revenue, expenses, and NOI.
- Human Resource Management
- Supports the Senior Vice President of Human Resources to ensure policies and programs are effectively rolled out company-wide.
- Promotes teamwork through ongoing mentoring, coaching and recognition programs
- Assists in setting performance based goals and objectives for direct reports
- Ensures proper execution and implementation of MSL Employment/Termination Processes.
- Oversees execution of all required training for property level positions
- Ensures and monitors compliance of Worker's Compensation Programs
- Facilitates Town Hall Meetings on a regular and systematic basis
- Interviews and approves all department heads for a job offer
- Works with the RDO's & Executive Director to resolve resident, family, and associated complaints, problems and grievances in a timely manner
- Marketing / Census
- Supports the Vice President of Sales and Marketing to ensure that MSL's Sales Excellence Learning System is implemented by all Executive Directors and Sales and Marketing Directors
- Meets weekly with the vice president of sales and marketing to review census opportunities, challenges and makes recommendations
- Operates within MSL Standards and Best Practices
- Supports and helps facilitate any property reviews when and if necessary
- Has a clear working understanding of all systems, procedures, programs, and standards for all MSL departments
- Supports and develops mentor programs in all MSL communities
- Meets with Executive Director and department heads individually or as a group to give support and recognition of their accomplishments
- Actively supports and articulates the MSL's statement of pursuit, purpose and principles/core values throughout all contact with team members, residents, families, vendors, or any person or group affiliated with MSL.
- Monitors and ensures families are satisfied with the Resident Care programs and services
- Supports the Health Services efforts to conduct/monitor community audits and regulatory compliance
- Have a full working knowledge of all state regulations that are required in the operation of our communities
- Build relationships with all licensing specialist that oversee MSL communities
- Respond to any licensing visit and ensure that we are responding properly and have a corrective action plan for any deficiencies identified
- Inform the president of any licensing visit and make copies of all reports for review
- Participate in all health services surveys with corporate director of health services
- College Degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience in long term care or assisted living
- Management experience overseeing team of 5 direct reports (minimum)
- Possesses the ability to effectively read, write and communicate in English
- Able to work flexible hours and be available to respond during off-duty hours to community problems, emergencies and crisis
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess good judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Has good organizational and time management skills
- Must be mobile and able to perform the physical requirements of the job, bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing, pulling and repetitive motion
- Ability to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time
- Able to move intermittently throughout the work day and between divisions
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs. and push up to 20lbs. as necessary
- Some travel required
MBK Senior Living is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living community in 2004. We currently have thirty-three communities in six states.
As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of professionals who have the passion and dedication of building meaningful relationships with our residents and their families now and for years to come.
We offer a rich benefit package including; competitive salaries, 401k retirement plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time off.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we w