Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are seeking an Area Director of Operations for 3-6 communities in Southern California.
The primary purpose of the Area Manager of Operations is to direct the overall operations of assigned communities in accordance with all current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, rules and regulations, and to ensure that Residents receive the highest quality of care while managing established budgets to create financial success while demonstrating the Principles and Core Value that MBK embraces. The Area Manager of Operations is responsible for the oversight and support of a region of 3-6 MBK communities. This corporate position works closely with the Executive Directors of the designated communities to ensure high quality service delivery, excellent customer service, and solid financial performance. The Area Manager of Operations supports and guides these Executive Directors as well as the communities' department heads when appropriate. Other duties include participation in various corporate projects and task forces as needed
The identified duties and responsibilities are representative of the basic functions, general nature and level of work for the position. They are not to be construed as an exhausted list of the duties required. Every team member is expected to perform essential functions that are similar or related to the ones identified, and to follow supervisor direction and complete additional duties as requested and assigned.
- Prepare and monitor operating budget
- Meet with Executive Director to review monthly P&L's and ensure action
- Meet with Vice President monthly to review P&L's/variance reports and be prepared to report on any major variance to revenue, expenses, or NOI
- Monitor and ensure families are satisfied with the resident services and programs
- Ensure MBK systems are in place and producing satisfactory results
- Have a clear working understanding of all systems, procedures, programs, and standards for all departments
- Meet with department heads/coordinators individually or as a group to give support and recognition of their accomplishments
- Actively support and articulate the MBK Pursuit, Purpose, Principles and Core Values throughout all your contacts with team members, residents, families, vendors or any person or group affiliated with MBK
- Have a full working knowledge of all state regulations that are required in the operations of our communities
- Build relationships with all licensing personal that oversee our communities
- Respond to any licensing visit and ensure that we are responding properly and have a corrective action plan for any deficiencies identified
- Inform Vice President on any licensing visit and forward copies of all reports for review
- Review and approve marketing plans quarterly, with follow up monthly
- Weekly marketing reports are reviewed for planned goals and opportunities
- Ensure TELS is completely implemented and reviewed for critical points
- Meet with Vice President of Sales and Marketing to review census opportunities and challenges
- Develop an overall marketing strategy for your communities
- Promote team work through on going mentoring, coaching, and recognition programs
- Recruit, hire, evaluate, motivate, monitor performance, and supervise Executive Directors in the best interest of residents and in accordance with company policy
- Interview and approve all department heads for a job offer
- Set quarterly goals with Executive Directors and ensure execution
- Mentor and coach on proper execution of all required training for each position
- Ensure and monitor compliance with Workers Compensation Programs and Safety Committees
- Ability to perform calculations in support of budget and other financial responsibilities including personnel actions
- Outstanding oral and written communication in English required
- Ability to comfortably speak in front of groups
- Must be able to explain and communicate complex ideas to a wide audience and at different levels of understanding (team members, residents, family members, governmental agencies, general public, etc.) both in writing and verbally
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and in the use of basic computer equipment and email
- Possess good judgment problem solving and decision making skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Must be age 21, or over
- Four year degree from an accredited collage
- Current government required certification or license to manage a community (or working towards the required certification or license to manage a community)
- Two year supervisory experience in long term care or assisted living
- Evidence of First Aid Training/certification as required
- Background clearances as required by government regulations
- Complete a health screening and provide negative TB test results (must be within the last 6 months or within 7 days of employment)
- Must be mobile and able to perform the physical requirements of the job, bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing, pulling and repetitive motion
- Ability to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time
- Able to move intermittently throughout the work day and between divisions
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs. and push up to 20lbs. as necessary
- Some travel required
MBK Senior Living is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living community in 2004. We currently have thirty-three communities in six states.
As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of professionals who have the passion and dedication of building meaningful relationships with our residents and their families now and for years to come.
We offer a rich benefit package including; competitive salaries, 401k retirement plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time off.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we want to hear from you!
All associates prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an "Excluded Party" as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, including but not limited to Resident Rights, HIPAA, State