Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are currently seeking a Health Services Assistant for our ALMOND HEIGHTS Community in ORANGEVALE, CA.
The primary purpose of the Health Services Assistant is to support the Director of Health Services in promoting optimal care for residents in accordance with the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, while demonstrating the Principles and Core Values that MBK embraces. The Health Service Assistant will ensure residents receive the highest quality care in order to remain as independent as possible for as long as possible while maintaining the physical and emotional health of residents in accordance with MBK's core values.
Essential Job Duties (Include % of time for each responsibility):
- Assist in the management, scheduling, evaluation, training and directing the Health Service Department 50%
- At the direction of the Director Health Service, may review, hire, schedule and supervise Health
- Service associates in accordance with company policy and the MBK core values, delivering and participating in new hire orientation 5%
- Responsible for the safety and health of residents ensuring that all governing regulations and community policies and procedures regarding resident car and closely monitored and executed and that all physician orders are carried out according to instructions 10%
- Understand and comply with all Federal, State, and local regulations and all company policies and procedures concerning the department 5%
- Assist in training documenting and overseeing the continuing education of Health Services associates in the proper delivery of medications to residents, emergency procedures, documentation, ensuring all care staff complete all state and federal required training 5%
- Conduct resident assessments as necessary and directed, ensuring that an initial resident assessment is completed prior to move in and comprehensive care plan is completed upon move in. Provide reassessments on a regular basis as requested by the Assisted Living Director 20%
- Assist in the coordination of departmental schedules to ensure adequate staffing in accordance with all company standards, policies, procedures, budgets and state/federal/local laws coordination nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the resident's total regimen of care 20%
- Assisted Caregivers in their job duties and assume their activities when needed ensuring coverage of all duties during associate absences 5%
- Monitor and assist with all personal care services provided to community residents. Ensure that appropriate documentation has been completed, including charting 25%
- Coordinate prescription orders and pharmacy delivery of medication as needed. Supervise central storage and delivery of medications 25%
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents, and guests following established safety standards, policies and procedures coordination special provisions for the safety of residents with special needs 10%
- Maintain inventory of supplies needed for all care giving duties, advising the Director of Health Services when reordering is necessary 10%
- Aid in community marketing effort through positive interactions, dress and behavior acting as a liaison between the community and outside health service providers 10%
- Make decision concerning resident health and well-being in the absence of the Director of Health Services, notifying Director of Health Services or Executive Director of any serious emergency immediately 15%
- Acts as Manager on Duty when necessary 2%
- Display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, associates, and guests. 5%
- Promote and lead with a spirit of teamwork and open communication in accordance with MBK core values 100%
- Other duties as assigned or directed by the Director of Health Services, Executive Director or designee of the Executive Director 5%
Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills, licenses, certifications):
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certifications/licenses as required by Federal/State/Local governing agencies
- Current first aid certification
- Fingerprint clearances as required by government regulations and negative TB test
- Some supervisory experience preferred
- Basic math skills as required for tracking resident medications, personal actions, budget and other financial responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to speak, write and read English
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including personal computer.
- Must process the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action and to remain calm during stressful or emergency situations.
- Ability to deal tactfully and professionally at all times with personnel, residents, family members, visitors and the general public
Physical Demands (Include lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, walking, standing, sitting):
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day throughout the community
- Ability to lift/carry up to 20 pounds and push 40 pounds
MBK Senior Living is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living community in 2004. We currently have thirty-three communities in six states.
As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of professionals who have the passion and dedication of building meaningful relationships with our residents and their families now and for years to come.
We offer a rich benefit package including; competitive salaries, 401k retirement plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time off.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we want to hear from you!
All associates prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an "Excluded Party" as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, including but not limited to Re