Maintenance Manager (Director of Environmental Services)
Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Manager/Director of Environmental Services for our community, The Montera, in La Mesa, CA.
The Director of Environmental Services is responsible for ensuring the proper operations of the community's physical plant, and that all grounds, equipment and living spaces are fully functional, inviting, clean, comfortable and safe for all residents, associates and guests. In order to accomplish these objectives, this position also supervises all of the day-to-day activities of the Environmental Services Department.
Essential Job Duties (Include % of time for each responsibility):
- Responsible for apartment preparation of vacant rooms (25%),including:
- replace drapes, paint/caulk, shampoo carpets, and other electrical, plumbing and carpentry work as needed
- Conduct daily inspections of property grounds, buildings, and periodic inspection of equipment, tools and supplies (25%) to ensure that :
- environmental service associates are completing assignments
- property is always presentable for tours
- equipment, tools, and supplies are maintained and operable to perform all required maintenance duties and services
- Manage, plan, develop, organize, schedule, evaluate and direct the Environmental Services department, its programs, associates and activities with a spirit of teamwork and open communication (25%):
- hire, supervise, and manage the performance of environmental service associates and ensure that all associates wear proper attire and follow established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies
- develop performance standards and processes for the maintenance function
- conduct in-service classes for all maintenance associates as necessary
- manage the department within budgetary guidelines tracking inventory usage and ordering supplies when necessary
- ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations concerning the department
- Coordinate maintenance requests/logs of resident apartments (10%) including:
- repair plumbing, furniture, electrical, heating and replacement of light bulbs
- Manage outside vendors/contractors, securing bids and scheduling needed work on special projects tracking all maintenance expenditures and procedures (10%)
- Oversee, educate on OSHA policies and procedures, MSDS information and conduct fire drills with staff regarding safety and emergency procedures to ensure compliance and safety (5%)
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain an updated list of emergency vendors and contact information so other community associates can handle repairs when supervisor is not on site (5%)
- Assist all maintenance associates in the their job duties and assume maintenance activities when needed (75%)
- Display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, associates, and guests
- Promote and lead with a spirit of teamwork and open communication in accordance with the MBK principles and core values
- Assist in the marketing of the community by always displaying a positive and professional image through actions and dress
- Other duties as assigned or directed by the Executive Director or designee of the Executive Director
Supervisory/Management Responsibilities (Job Title(s) & # of Employees):
- Maintenance Assistant =1 to 3 employees
Minimum Job Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills, licenses, certifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Demonstrated mechanical and troubleshooting ability to repair washers/dryers, heating and refrigeration units, ice machines, minor plumbing and electrical difficulties, painting and carpentry is required
- Must be over the age 18 or have the proper work permit and work authorization documentation
- Background clearance is required (per government regulations)
- Negative TB test results is mandatory
- Good communication skills are required
- including the ability to speak, write and read English
- effectively able to communicate with staff
- ability to interface and interact with wide variety of age groups & backgrounds
- Must be proficient with the use of a pc, and be familiar with several Microsoft Office Suite software programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Email, etc.), and other office equipment (e.g. scanners, copiers, and fax machines)
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc.) in support of budget and other financial responsibilities
- Must maintain a professional demeanor at all times, especially while interfacing with other associates, residents, family members, and visitors
Preferred Job Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills, licenses, certifications):
- Prior related work experience, preferably in a similar environment is highly desirable
- Prior supervisory or lead experience in the building industry, including the maintenance and handling the upkeep, repair and maintenance of electrical, plumbing and structural matters is preferable
- Bachelor's Degree is preferable
Physical Demands (Include lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, walking, standing, sitting):
- Must be able to perform manual tasks daily, being mobile and able to execute the physical requirement of the job
- Ability to safely operate a wide variety of equipment and tools throughout the community
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds as duties require frequent carrying, pushing and pulling, climbing, bending, climbing, walking, standing, and sitting etc.
MBK Senior Living is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living community in 2004. We currently have thirty-three communities in six states.
As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of professionals who have the passion and dedication of building meaningful relationships with our residents and their families now and for years to come.
We offer a rich benefit package including; competitive salaries, 401k retirement plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time off.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we want to hear from you!
All associates prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an "Excluded Party" as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, including but not limited to Resident Rights, HIPAA, State licensing regulations, and those
La Mesa CA