Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are currently seeking a Cook for our Full time Position - various hours.
The responsibilities of the cook are to properly prepare all food items in accordance with the recipes and planned menus provided and to oversee the Dining Services Department under direction from the Director of Dining Services.
Essential Job Duties (Include % of time for each responsibility):
- Arrive to work on time and prepared for your shift. 100%
- Prepare all food items in accordance with planned menus and recipes provided and ensuring the meals are appetizing, nutritional, and meets and special dietary requests or requirements. 100%
- Ensure all food is served at the correct temperature and charted as such. 5%
- Ensure there is proper plate presentation. 5%
- Consult with the Director of Dining Services on any menu changes or substations. 5%
- Ensure food storage areas are clean and organized at all times. 100%
- Prepare food in accordance with all governmental, sanitary, and dietitian regulations as well as established policies and procedures. Report any infractions to Director of Dining Services Director immediately. 100%
- Take care of food orders when they arrive in a timely manner. 10%
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.5%
- Ensure all leftovers are properly stored, labeled, and dated. 5%
- Record temperatures of refrigerators, Freezers, and dishwashers. 5%
- Responsible for cleanliness of the kitchen and dining areas. 100%
- May supervise servers, and dishwashers. 100%
- Prepare upcoming menu items ensuring they are stocked, and pulled as directed by recipes. 30%
- Responsible for safe storage and efficient use of all items within the kitchen's inventory. 100%
- Promote a positive and friendly team work attitude. 100%
- Preform other duties as assigned by the Director of Dining Services, Lead Cook and or Executive Director. 10%
Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills, licenses, and certifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Age over 18 years.
- Background clearance as required by government regulations.
- Retain a Current Food handlers permit.
- Minimum of two years' experience cooking.
- Negative TB test results.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to speak, write and read English.
- Ability to operate computer, necessary software programs ( word, email, excel), scanners, copiers, and fax machines.
- Ability to be professional at all times with other associates, residents, family members, and visitors
Physical Demands (Include lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, walking, standing, and sitting):
- Must be able to lift/and push 50lbs
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout day and throughout community
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
MBK Senior Living is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living community in 2004. We currently have thirty-three communities in six states.
As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of professionals who have the passion and dedication of building meaningful relationships with our residents and their families now and for years to come.
We offer a rich benefit package including; competitive salaries, 401k retirement plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time off.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we want to hear from you!
All associates prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an "Excluded Party" as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations tha