Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are currently seeking Caregivers for our
The Caregiver is responsible for assisting residents in their Daily Living Activities including, but not limited to: bathing, grooming, personal and dental hygiene, transportation to meals and activities, bowel and bladder functions, etc., maintaining resident dignity and respect with superior customer service and in accordance with all policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines.
Essential Job Duties (Include % of time for each responsibility):
- Respond to resident needs promptly and kindly while maintaining each resident's self-respect, personal dignity, personal safety and confidentiality (50%)
- Read and follow care plans to ensure proper care is being given to their residents (10%)
- Assist residents in their daily living activities including bathing, dressing, hygiene (including shaving, hair care, etc.), meals, activities, bowel and bladder functions (including taking to bathrooms, portable commodes, changing incontinency products, etc.)(20%)
- Provide assistance at mealtime with selecting meals, serving, eating, clearing, delivering room trays as needed or assigned (3%)
- Transport residents as necessary assisting them into and out of bed, wheelchairs, etc. following all safety/lifting and transferring techniques - escorting them to/from meals, activities, or other transportation needs as requested or assigned (3%)
- Perform regular safety checks on residents (1%)
- Encourage residents to participate in daily activities such as bed making, laundry, cleaning, setting tables, etc. (1%)
- Invite, encourage, assist and lead residents in meaningful and life enriching activities (3%)
- Clean, complete laundry, and assist with all other community activities and job duties as required or assigned(1%)
- Manage oxygen tanks and concentrators per MD orders for resident needs (1%)
- Chart and document appropriate information (including incident reports) communicating any observed or suspected resident change of condition to a supervisor immediately (4%)
- Respond promptly to all resident alerts, carrying walkie-talkies and reacting to emergency or other resident requests as needed (3%)
- Ensure resident safety and comfort at all times, assisting in the performance of fire or other safety drills (1%)
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Always display a positive and professional image through actions and dress and in accordance with the MBK core values
- Encourage teamwork through open communication with co-workers and other departments
- Demonstrate effective time management skills so that all resident assignments are completed daily per shift
- Display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, families, and guests
- Adhere to all MBK policies and procedures related to meal breaks and rest periods
- Perform other duties as consistent with the position and as assigned by the Director of Health Services, and/or Director of Assisted Living, and/or Director of Memory Care, and/or Executive Director
Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills, licenses, certifications):
- Age 18 or over, or have the proper work permit and work authorization documentation
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Nurses Aid certification preferred but on the job training is available
- Current first aid certification preferred but on the job training is available
- Background clearances as required by government regulations
- Complete a health screening and provide negative TB test results (must be within the last 6 months or within 7 days of employment)
- Prior Caregiving experience preferred but on the job training is available for candidates with the right attitude and desire
- Must be able to read and speak English
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to interact effectively with people of different ages and backgrounds
- Must meet and maintain all state specific regulatory requirements
Physical Demands (Include lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, walking, standing, sitting):
- Must be mobile and able to execute the physical demands of the Caregiving position including kneeling, squatting, overhead reaching, bending
- Must be able to lift 40+ pounds and push 150 pounds unassisted
MBK Senior Living is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living community in 2004. We currently have thirty-three communities in six states.
As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of professionals who have the passion and dedication of building meaningful relationships with our residents and their families now and for years to come.
We offer a rich benefit package including; competitive salaries, 401k retirement plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time off.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we want to hear from you!
All associates prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an "Excluded Party" as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, including but not limited to Resident Rights, HIPAA, State licensing regulations, and those laws relating you an associates' professional license.