Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are seeking a Lead Server to work full-time (40 hours) at our Island House Senior Living community in Mercer Island. Our servers are responsible for assisting residents with their meal experience by taking written food orders and providing service in a professional, efficient and courteous manner making.
Shifts are 11am - 7:30pm.
The Dining Room Supervisor is responsible for training, scheduling, directing and managing the dining room Servers to ensure residents receive the highest quality of customer service, efficiency and professionalism during their meal times.
Essential Job Duties (Include % of time for each responsibility):
- Manage, schedule, evaluate and direct the dining room Servers
- Ensure that Servers work efficiently and professionally at all times
- Ensure a sanitary dining room complying with all health and safety codes, licensing regulations and policies and procedures regarding the proper handling and serving of food
- Supervise and direct the cleaning of all dining and food service areas
- Ensure that tables are clean, pleasant and properly set
- Wait, clean, reset tables, return dishes to kitchen as needed
- Understand and comply with all federal, state and local regulations and all community policies and procedures concerning the department
- Develop and implement training, policies and processes to ensure that Servers are properly groomed, dressed and using proper etiquette and manners while waiting tables courteously, professionally and ensuring that all associates have successfully completed the Dining Room Training course with CCG
- Survey residents to determine their satisfaction levels with the service provided and make corrections as necessary
- Assist Servers, Cooks, and other Dining Services associates in the their job duties and assume their activities when needed
- Ensure that all residents are greeted and seated properly, making extra efforts to integrate new residents making them feel welcome and comfortable
- Supervise the tracking of resident attendance at meals and communicate to designated associate, those residents that have not come to the dining room for meal (for a safety check)
- Ensure the delivery of meals to resident rooms as required & tray charges are communicated to the Business Office.
- Report any safety or equipment issues to Director of Dining Services
- Aid in community marketing effort through positive interactions, dress and behavior
- Other duties as assigned or directed by the Director of Dining Services or designee of the Executive Director
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Assist in breaking down deliveries, putting away stock, washing dishes, as needed
- Deliver meals to resident rooms as required, including tray collection from residents rooms after meal service
Requirements (Include: education, experience, special skills, licenses, and certifications):
- Minimum six (6) months experience in dining room operations
- Age over 18 years or have proper work permit and authorization documentation
- Background clearances as required by government regulations
- Complete a health screening and provide negative TB test results (must be within the last 6 months or within 7 days of employment)
- Minimum one year cooking experience and/or experience in a related position
- Some supervisory experience preferred
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction) as required by the position (counting tracking meals/residents, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to speak, write and read English
- Ability to operate standard serving equipment (salad bar cart, trays, silverware, etc.)
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action and to remain calm during stressful or emergency situations
- Must possess the ability and desire to minimize waste and misuse of supplies/equipment
- Ability to deal tactfully and professionally at all times with personnel, residents, family members, visitors and the general public
Physical Demands (Include: lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, walking, standing, and sitting):
- Must be mobile and able to perform the physical requirements of the job
- Able to move intermittently throughout the work day and throughout the community
- Ability to lift/carry up to 20 lbs., push and pull carts as necessary
MBK Senior Living is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living community in 2004. We currently have thirty-three communities in six states.
As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of professionals who have the passion and dedication of building meaningful relationships with our residents and their families now and for years to come.
We offer a rich benefit package including; competitive salaries, 401k retirement plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time off.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we want to hear from you!
All associates prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an "Excluded Party" as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, including but not limited to Resident Rights, HIPAA, State licensing regulations, and those laws relating you an associates' professional license.